“I’m just Erica, doing what I love and following my dream.”
That simple statement from Pro Stock sensation Erica Enders encapsulates her life and goals in the 200+ mph world of professional NHRA drag racing. Although Enders is still young, she is a veteran driver, having driven race cars for over 20 years, since the age of eight.
In 1992, Enders joined the first wave of kids to race in the new Jr. Dragster class. The NHRA formed the category to help foster tomorrow’s drag racing stars, while giving families a fun activity to do together on the weekends. Erica won the second event of her career, in an all female final. That car is now in the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, CA.
Enders’ need for speed continued after her Jr. Dragster years. After success in the Sportsman ranks, Erica realized her life-long dream in late 2004 by becoming a professional race car driver for Cagnazzi Racing. By mid 2006, the newest star in drag racing had campaigned her way to set new records for a female Pro Stock driver.
After leaving Cagnazzi Racing in mid 2006 to drive for a number of other teams, Erica returned in 2011, picking up right where she left off. she continued making history in 2011, finishing the season number 6, the highest finish for a female in Pro Stock. That year, Erica also set a new national speed record in Gainesville, Florida, which she held on to for over a year. Then, on July 1st, 2012, Erica reached another milestone, becoming the first female Pro Stock even winner in NHRA history.
She continued her 2012 success with a total of four event wins and a 4th place overall finish. And at the start of 2013, she came back strong with her 5th win in just the second race of the season, then defended her 2012 St. Louis victory with another Wally.
In 2014 Erica joined Elite Motorsports, LLC., creating a dynamic team with sights set firmly on their first Championship.
- Currently 2nd in Countdown to the Championship standings (after Reading)
- 4 National Event Wins (Las Vegas, Houston, Bristol, Norwalk)
- 17-Time Top-3 Qualifier so far in 2014
- Set National Speed Record – 215.55 mph (Englishtown)
- Set Pro Stock Elapsed Time Record – 6.464 seconds (Englishtown)
- Won K&N Horsepower Challenge (Las Vegas)
- #1 Qualifier with New Track E.T. Record (Atlanta)
- #1 Qualifier with New Track E.T. & Speed Records (Norwalk)
- #1 Qualifier (Charlotte 2)
- #1 Qualifier (St. Louis)
- #1 Qualifier with New Track Record (Reading)